Last week of my Spring Quarter in SCAD now! yayness :D :D
Words can't describe how happy I am knowing that I can go back home sooooo soon.
Really, being away for a short period of barely 3 months makes me cherish my family so much more.
I miss the soup my mum make every night.
I miss my sis's most amazing tom yum soup that no one can match up to even in Thailand. hehe
I miss my bro's quite funny jokes and just talking to him bout financial, music and games.
I missed my dad's birthday cos I had a late night doing school work and forgot to log onto Skype on time :(
I missed the honeymoon period I'm suppose to be having with my boyfriend. haha
Suddenly when you're overseas, the world of choices is open to you. How you want to lead your life is all about choices you made. You can party all night, know someone new, get hooked up and get into a new relationship. I'm sure u guys are interested to know how ang moh boys here in States. Fact is I am really not interested in ang moh and though they are all handsome, its nothing interesting, really. lol As much as girls like to daydream about finding prince charming one day, I think I already found mine and I'm satisfied with having him for life. Of cos, this is not for him to know, later dua tao come out again. lol
or
You can choose to stay home, stay safe and live healthy knowing you're not just living for yourself, but for people who love you back home. I think the most cruel thing someone can do is to leave behind people who love you without them knowing whether you love them back.
Hmmm stumbled upon this blog just now : http://www466.pair.com/mringo/?cat=10 blog of http://www.mikewieringo.com/
He's a comic artist who sometimes signed his name under Ringo. He was an American comic book artist best known for his work under DC comic, The Flash and Marvel's Fantastic Four. He passed away due to aortic dissection leaving behind his legacy.
As cliche as it sounds, life is really short and to some of us, life is even shorter. Here's an excerpt from his brother's entry:
"If there’s someone you love, tell them you love them every day. Quit putting off that phone call and just do it. If there are friends you’ve lost touch with, reach out. If you’ve hurt someone or they’ve hurt you, ask for forgiveness and forgive. Be good to others and to yourself. Get that check up. Eat healthier. Exercise. If your job is causing you stress, find another one that you love. And learn to love each other a little more. Because life IS too short. In fact, life, it seems, is shorter for some than for others."
Leaving Singapore really makes me grow as a person. No, it's not about growing of my career or fact that there are more opportunities in States. Its really about growing as a person, kinda like an enlightenment process. haha Savannah isn't as bustled or lively as Singapore, in fact it is a dead town. Ironically, it makes me feel more alive than back in Singapore. Sometimes Singapore is just too busy, hanging out with friends, being a people person and starting to lose ourselves along the way.
I think this bit of soul-searching and quietness is actually good for me. hehe
Whatever it is, I stick to my No. 1 motto in life, always stay positive and stay happy. :D hehe in every shitcase you got yourself in, there is a happy side about it and just think along tat way. It will really cheer u up. hehe
Gotta go study a shitload of Art history survey 1 now. :( arrrrgh but on the bright side, the fact that I'm here in States and fact that I no need to worry about money due to MDA just makes me happy la... hehe
bye!
Rainy
No comments:
Post a Comment