Sunday, August 22, 2010

HEAD ON TOWARDS YOUR LIFE!

awesome ice-cream for my eyes events recently.

its these events that make me scream MY LIFE IN SINGAPORE IS AWESOME!!
also feels a slight ache knowing that I'm gonna leave Singapore to pursue my studies in the near future in bout 7 months later. What I can only do now is to breathe in everything and never let myself feel emo and stressed up with working life.
whenever i feel down, i tell myself that life is great.
I am only 22,
I have a healthy body,
I can see all the wonders of things in my life,
I am working towards something I am passionate about,
I have a job (although its tough but its better than no job),
my family is close,
I have a voice to sing,
I have a pair of legs to run,
I can create with my hands~ =)
I have people and friends who care for me and love me for who I am
I have food to eat, I have a home to stay, I don't need to worry about my house being break-in.
I can sleep soundly at night.

and how would life be less awesome man?

Although I know emotions do run someone down sometimes,
but don't worry about what you can't control..
just cry when you feel like it,
sad cry, happy smile lo.
focus on what you can do rather than what you can't.

and Life is too short to spend it on just work alone.
.
=) so i'm happier now!
chapter 1

went to watch Head On by Cai Guo Qiang today.
An installation art in National Museum of singapore.
When you thought Singapore's museums are boring with local history stuffs, check this out man..


Although the Berlin wall is long gone, and the former East and West Germany have reunified, there remain deep and intractable historical issues between two sides.

"99 life-sized wolves are leaping en masse towards an unseen wall, with those at the front falling from striking the wall while those bringing up the rear continuing surging forward, undeterred.
The crux of this installation lies just before the glass wall, as the artist reminds people: invisible walls are the hardest to dismantle."





As a passionate designer, I would strongly encourage all art students to go to this place for anatomy studies of wolves or four-legged animals. any position u can imagine is there! damn that I din bring my sketchbook along... =(

The models are so real, that I freak out just by standing in front of a few of them and they were all looking at me. Even when I stood next to one of them, I keep having thoughts of Nights at the Museum and that they will turn alive and disfigure me somehow.. its so realistic!

Please go and check it out yourself, the exhibition will end on 31st aug 2010. entrance is free! You won't regret even just making a trip down solely for this exhibition. First reaction i bet will be a 'WOW~~!'
so what are u waiting for~?


No comments: